Software Engineer (Backend Java Engineer)
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
Do you love to build creative solutions as much as we do? Are you interested in being part of a diverse team? Does it bring you joy to see customers use your creation? The possibilities are limitless!
The Subscriptions team builds scalable java based services that connect PlayStation users to the content and services they love. We believe anything can be learned, and we foster creative thinking in the pursuit of innovative solutions. We embrace our mistakes, and continue to improve. As part of our team, you'll contribute to our services as well as our neighboring teams' services. Role responsibilities include: performing in-depth requirement analysis, crafting elegant solutions with accurate test coverage, addressing operational incidents, and doing design/code reviews with peers.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML.
- Passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with others at all levels, and effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.