Software Engineer, Backend (France)
11 days ago
Osmo is an award-winning accelerated learning system that changes the way homes and classrooms interact with technology. Osmo combines physical interactions with digital experiences to make learning more engaging, fun, and effective. Osmo is growing and expanding rapidly as the education market continues to be redefined and is seeking individuals who are passionate about education and building great learning and teaching experiences with new technologies.
Osmo is part of Byju’s since 2019, the largest and fastest-growing education technology startup globally. Byju’s and Osmo are working together to bring the love of learning to homes and schools everywhere.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build and maintain features for our main fast-growing ecommerce website. You will be working with the latest technologies, and have the chance to advance and grow your career.You
will be collaborating with our Osmo web team based in France, India, and the US to develop a lot of impactful and challenging features.
We are looking for smart people with excellent coding skills and a can-do attitude. Candidates should be eager to learn, flexible to pivot when needed, savvy enough to thrive in a dynamic environment, and should possess a growth mindset.
- Main language: Golang
- Infrastructure: Docker + Kubernetes, App Engine on GCP
- Databases: GCP Datastore (NoSQL), MySQL
- Other tools: Grafana, Travis, task queues
Your mission on the team:
- Being a maker in our backend team, suggesting new ideas, processes, internal tools, good practices...
- Developing scalable backend systems, following and promoting SDLC best practices: Coding standard, testing, code reviews, code comments, etc
- Helping other backend engineers to find good and scalable solutions and grow.
- Optimizing systems for maximum speed and reliability
- Coordinating with front-end engineers to establish JSON-based APIs
- Making recommendations to address UI/UX issues
- Providing assistance to QA to ensure the product is properly tested and QA’d
Who are you?
- You have a strong experience in scalable backend development
- You have a few years of experience with one of the following programming languages: Go, Java, Python, C++
- You have a good understanding of the good software engineering practices, Data Structures & Algorithms
- You have a solid knowledge in distributed systems and multi-threading
- You have experience with version control tools (Git) and Linux/Unix
- You already have experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- You are able to speak and write English well
What do we expect of you?
- You will own, estimate, and complete complex projects
- You will own the technical aspects of large features or parts of the codebase
- You will complete your work timely and with high quality
- Help to find alternative solutions, conduct root cause analysis
- You will mentor other engineers and help them grow
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Interview with the team lead
- Technical test
- Technical interview
- Team-fit interview