This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Back-end
1 year ago
GSN Games is looking for a Back-end Software Engineer to join our fabulous team in London!
It’s an exciting time in our London Studio! Having already established ourselves in the world of Slots we’re looking towards what our next exciting product will be and we’re looking for a Back-end Software Engineer to help us!
Jackpot! About the GSN Games Casino Studio:
We believe that play matters and that’s why we create genre-leading games that are fun, engaging and rewarding.
Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on incredible games while working alongside the best people in the business!
What You’ll Do:
You will help us design and build the high-performance transactional backend that supports the millions of users who play our social casino games. Our stack includes:
- Server side: AWS, JVM (Java, Kotlin) and Mongo based on microservices architecture
- Drupal (PHP) dashboards
- Client in Unity/C# targeting mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
We work in a high-speed, iterative way, relying on automated testing, continuous integration, automated deployments, and real-time feedback from live systems. We also happen to be really fun people who kick ass at pool and Rocket League. The day-to-day duties of the Back-end Software Engineer include:
- Work with a cross discipline team to design and implement new services, features & algorithms for games.
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes (code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment and regular retrospective sessions).
- Provide production support, system diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Support and be a critical part of our dev-ops culture.
- A mid-level back-end engineer, but we’re open to juniors/recent graduates if skill set match our requirements
- Experience in some object-oriented language, working with databases and managing the Unix command line
- Familiarity with Linux command line tools and system metrics; experience using JVM profiling tools; familiarity with networking protocols
- Experience using automated testing as part of your development process
- Open to switch to different technologies and tools if the job requires it
- Knowledge of version control and build systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, willing to work along with other disciplines (product, art, etc) and communicate effectively with non-technical members of the team
- Scientific and analytical approach to problem solving
- Computer science or a related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in our server stack of technologies (specially Kotlin or Java and MongoDB)
- Experience working in agile, iterative environments
- Good knowledge of design patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience working with AWS (S3, EC2, Lambdas, Serverless)
- Experience with a variety of Java standard libraries and 3rd party open source libraries.