This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Automation and Configuration - EA SPORTS FC
1 month ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programmers, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, and EA Sports UFC.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FC franchise. EA SPORTS FC is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
As part of EA SPORTS FC, the team is responsible for the automation and configuration management of Servers that use Java and MySQL. Reporting to the Development Director, the Software Engineer will create automation on the development process and explore new technologies and tools. You will join a dynamic team that quickly shifts focus as new requirements arise.
- Develop, optimize and maintain our build automation systems and scripts
- Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other teams
- Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
- Provide configuration management expertise to the FC server development teams
- Documentation and training
- 2 years’ experience in Java and MySQL
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Ant, etc.)
- Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
- Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-critical situations
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.