Undead Labs is looking for a passionate software engineer with a background in audio programming to help create the rich, immersive audio experience of State of Decay 3. As a member of the software engineering team, you will work in close collaboration with designers and other colleagues to bring the audio of our game world to life. You will bring your unique perspective and ideas to our goal of creating compelling player experiences.
Your skills in software development, debugging, iteration, requirements gathering and collaboration will be critical to your success. As a software engineer on the team, you will create game systems that support compelling player experiences, and help drive towards our goal of creating amazing gameplay for our millions of fans.
At Undead Labs, we work in highly collaborative, cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we generate together. We are humble and curious in our work, and are always striving to make things better - for our players, for each other, and for our industry. Everyone here is committed to helping the team thrive, enabling us to rise to the moment to build incredible games.
Core Responsibilities and Objectives
- Write and maintain production-quality C++ gameplay code.
- Work collaboratively with your colleagues to prototype, iterate on, and deliver audio features.
- Apply your passion for audio to the design, iteration and development of in-game features and tools.
- Design and create obstruction and occlusion systems, multiplayer audio solutions, sound streaming and dynamic music features.
- Develop tools and pipelines for VO processing and integration in-game.
Core Traits and Experience
- Proficient with C++ and familiar with software development methodologies.
- A self-starter with the ability to make progress in the face of ambiguity by gathering data and performing analysis needed to make and justify decisions.
- Pragmatic, with the ability to balance technical needs with business limitations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and across disciplines.
- Expertise developing in audio subsystems such as Wwise.
- Ideally brings 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role.
Bonus Traits and Experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with console game development.
Benefits & Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Undead Labs and the state in which you work.
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan with 50% matching
- Subsidized transportation to & from work
- Professional growth resources
- Discounts on the Microsoft Games store
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Noise levels are low to moderate in the work environment.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Undead Labs
We are creators of the hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay with a fan base of over 10 million people. As an independent member of Xbox Game Studios, we collaborate with a huge network of skilled specialists in all disciplines, providing incredible opportunities for joint development and learning.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We look forward to hearing from you!