Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Anti-Abuse)
2 years ago
We’re looking for a Protector of the Realm whose responsibility is to defend our users from all manner of unwanted content and behavior. As an Anti-Abuse engineer, you will equip the Trust & Safety team with fully featured tools to keep Discord a safe place for all of our users. Come join the Anti-Abuse team where you will build new systems to stay two steps ahead of the baddies on Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate closely with our Trust & Safety team, identify bottlenecks in their workflow and implement elegant solutions.
- Build UI's in React and new APIs in Python to allow us to identify and take action against abuse.
- Move quickly to respond to the evolving landscape of abuse on Discord.
- Take our internal web tools to the next level by building an internal tools platform that other product teams can leverage.
What you should have
- 4+ years experience writing Python.
- Experience with modern React and Typescript.
- Experience with databases like Cassandra or Postgres.
- Ability to context switch at a moment's notice.
- Prior experience working in the Anti-Abuse domain.
- Experience with data warehouses like Druid, BigQuery, and Redshift.
- Deep knowledge of frontend tooling like Webpack and Babel.
- You have a strong moral compass that navigates and motivates you.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Transgender benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pre-tax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.