Software Engineer (Animation/Gameplay)
3 days ago
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
We are is looking for a Software Engineer to join our R&D in providing technical solutions for multiple projects within the company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop runtime animation system with Senior Software Engineers
- Work with Animation and Technical Art teams to develop tools and interfaces for tuning asset attributes.
- Provide implementation support
- Self-motivated to research and develop Animation Systems to push the technology forward
- Knowledge of animation-related Unreal Engine Tools (Animation Blueprints, Blend Spaces, Locomotion Systems)
- Knowledge of Python
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about new technologies
- C++ programming skills, object-oriented design skills, and 3D math background
- Lean character animation technologies (Blend Trees, State Machine, real-time IK)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Good communication skills and ability to clearly share complex technical information with artists and designers
- Ability and willingness to participate in company presentations and travel internationally
- Able to quickly adapt to the ever-changing daily needs that is the nature of an R&D team
- Always striving for excellence in software engineering
- Ability to self-manage and work independently from start to finish, as well as work within a collaborative team environment
- Experience with Maya, MotionBuilder, or similar 3D authoring packages
- Ability to comprehend artists and their needs regarding tools, and to translate those into actionable technical specifications
This is an onsite position in our Newport Beach, CA office. Due to COVID-19 we have temporarily transitioned to a work from home model, but anticipate returning to the office in the coming months.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.