This job might no longer be available.
Online Software Engineer - Advanced Technology Group
16 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
Our Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Technology organization, focusing on identifying and creating new, scalable technologies for game teams. We are looking for close collaboration with game teams, central art teams, and the Frostbite engine team; though the technologies developed can apply to many different engines, environments, and hardware platforms. You will work on our strategic, multi-year projects focused on improved creation pipelines and runtime functionality, both users facing and internal, for all EA SPORTS titles.
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked gameplay experiences for EA SPORTS™. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts our performance and memory budgets.
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- 5+ years of experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer, and multi-threaded architectures.
- 5+ years of experience with 3rd party APIs.
- 3+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- 3+ years of experience of real-time game networking.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux.
- 3+ years of experience with Visual Studio and knowledge of debugging tools.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.