Software Engineer (Backend)
26 days ago
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves.Our juggernaut mobile games like Solitaire, FreeCell and Spider were present on Day 1 of the App Stores and have only continued to grow. We recently topped over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games and are hungry to continue finding new avenues for growth.
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Most recently, Built In LA named us 2021's Best Midsize Companies to Work For. Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
The Adserver team at MobilityWare is building a suite of client and server technologies to deliver advertising to our huge audience of engaged players worldwide. This Software Engineer role is responsible for design and development of mission critical components of a distributed Adserving platform, where performance, high quality and precision are revered values. You will design, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable services in a high volume and low latency environment.. This is a 100% hands-on role and so we are looking with an exceptional and experienced coder first. In addition to being a strongly motivated individual contributor, you will also be responsible for mentoring remote engineers and guiding them to deliver high impacting products and services. The solutions you create would drive step increases in monetization across the suite of Mobilityware apps and ensure relevant ads are served to Mobilityware's customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery.
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Troubleshoot complex operational issues discovered in various Ad partner integrations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 year of professional software development experience.
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming and experience in Java, C#, Vertx, Netty, Jetty etc.
- 2+ years of experience building microservices or distributed cloud-based software systems, with an emphasis on fault tolerance, resilience, observability and operability.
- Experience with building REST based APIs and writing API specs in Swagger or similar.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques and tooling
- Prior experience building Adtech systems
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility