This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer 3
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC seeks a Software Engineer 3 in San Diego, CA to design scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers and operations team members. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent, and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience building large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software systems and services. Prior experience must include five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working with lightweight SOA design patterns, data structures and algorithms; developing software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Scala Programming Language, Web Services, REST architecture, JSON/XML, object oriented analysis and design; creating a variety of models and diagrams that show the software code needed for an application; using servlet containers, including Tomcat, JAXRS, and Spring to develop and deploy RESTful web services; following agile development methodology and participating in the full software development lifecycle, including coding, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations; building high-performance, active and linearly scalable production services; and working with microservices architecture, SQL/NoSQL data persistence technologies and RESTful web services. Send resumes to SNEI-Job-Postings@am.sony.com & indicate job code MA5001617.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.