Software Development Manager
13 days ago
As a Software Development Manager, you will be part of the technical leadership of Ubisoft IT, more precisely within the Engineering & Platform team. You’ll be a key part in the business planning, working closely with product managers to build Ubisoft’s next generation Platform as a Service (PaaS) central to future Ubisoft games. You will also influence our long-term technical and business strategy, help us hire a talented team and ultimately enable us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
You will be able to deliver strategic technical projects which are complex and secure. As part of your responsibilities, you'll maintain excellent business relations with your partners and ensure proper solutions are delivered within their team or functional stream of responsibility. Furthermore, you’ll follow up ongoing projects and foster a culture of transparency and excellence.
- Be responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects;
- Practice Agile project management and delivery (prioritization, planning of projects and features) rooted in DevOps and Agile principles;
- Work closely with teams to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development;
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work;
- Advocate for Operational Excellence, ensure proper monitoring & operation of production services;
- Participate in Career management and development of direct reports;
- Create an environment built on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement.
- Having a strong technical background is a must for this position ̶ Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications;
- Experience with microservices based architecture and containers related technologies;
- Having previous experience in people management , managing engineers preferably;
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams;
- Enthusiasm of open-source software;
- Demonstrated drive and technical acumen.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.