This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Manager (IT)
Montreal QC ca
6 months ago
The incumbent will oversee the development and timely and on budget delivery of all products in his/her sector.
He/she will work in close collaboration with the software associate director and director to ensure the success of sectoral products and the mobilization. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining excellent business relations with their business partners and ensuring proper solutions are delivered within their team or functional stream of responsibility. The Software Manager closely follows up ongoing projects and validates timeline, budget, and deliverables are respected.
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
- Set out a development plan for all products;
- Always think and act with clients’ and end users’ satisfaction in mind
- Provide strategic counsel, visibility and consistent results to clients
- Determine acceptable quality standards for product delivery;
- Supervise and assess developers, team leads and other employees;
- Work closely with developer teams to assess their requirements and ensure the platform is designed with operability and ease-of-use in mind;
- Oversee work team activities, especially by following up on requests and department mandates;
- Negotiate agreements with internal and external suppliers whenever necessary;
- With the director and architect, challenge the technical and informatics teams on technological decisions;
- Create an environment built on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering and a certificate in project management or equivalent training.
- University degree in management/administration an asset.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in computer software.
- 4 years’ experience in management.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to delegate and build accountability;
- Enthusiasm of open source software
- Ability to collaborate with individuals at all hierarchical levels and in different teams and with direct collaborators;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change;
- Results focused;
- Bilingualism (French-English);
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple concurrent projects;
- Experience with container technologies docker, Kubernetes, flannel, CoreOS, containerd) an asset
- Knowledge of distributed systems an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, age or disability status