Software Development Internship - World Building Tool
11 days ago
Job Title:Software Development Internship - World Building Tool
Activision Central provides support for world building tool feature development and performance optimization work for a number of Activision studios, like Sledgehammer Games, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward for hit AAA franchises like Call of Duty.
The Vancouver studio is part of a global team headed up from Los Angeles and is housed with Demonware which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. We also like to have fun while we’re working hard. We wear what we want to work, we have flexible hours, and we have kickass coffee.
Here are just a few of the perks of working at Activision Vancouver:
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
- Vacation allowance
- Competitive pay
- Free games
The internship position with the tools team is in support of our world building tool shared across all studios.
- Position Type: Regular Co-op, Full Time hours, 8 Months preferred
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours per week: 35
- Location: Vancouver (one train stop from downtown)
- Start Date: May 2021
- Relocation assistance: we aid students relocating to Vancouver in the form of return flights and accommodation.
● Working knowledge of C and C++.
● Be familiar with source control (Perforce preferred)
● Completed 300 Level Computer Graphics course
● Familiarity with UI frameworks such as QT or .NET is a plus
● Have knowledge/experience with DX11 or DX12.
● Have good understanding/experience with modern GPU pipelines.
Successful candidates will demonstrate thorough understanding of computer architecture, GPU architecture/pipelines, data structures & algorithms, as well as problem-solving skills along with excellent debugging and analytical skills.
The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and reliable. They should be able to clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English and be comfortable working remotely with support via Zoom and Slack. They must also be enrolled in a 4-year college/university program.
The Application Process:
You can apply through your school Coop Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org by submitting:
- Cover letter (make it clear you are applying to Activision Central Tools)
- Transcripts of grades from your University
As part of the application process, you will need to complete a Coding Challenge.
Once you have completed the test, your results will be reviewed by our hiring managers along with your resume/cover Letter/transcripts. Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. You will need a full 135 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge. We recommend that you try the demo on the site before attempting the official test. Once you click on the actual test link below you will see welcome screen which contains an option to "Try demo" button.
You will need to complete the actual test in order for us to review your application.
Activision: Central Tools Internship Test 2021:
The interview will be 1 hour, either in person (ideally) or via phone or Skype/Google Hangouts for out of town applicants. The team will be interested in learning about recent projects you have been involved in, home technical hobbies, as well as your technical skills.