Software Development Internship - Gateway
19 days ago
Job Title:Software Development Internship - Gateway
Software Development Internship – Gateway
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver
Demonware provides online services for gaming. We craft, develop, and host services for some of the world’s biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are technology-driven and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
TO BE CONSIDERED ,
Please complete our Codility assessment: https://app.codility.com/public-link/Demonware-Internship-2022/
We’re open to work terms of 8+ months. Recently graduated? We still want to hear from you!!!
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Technologies we use but not limited to are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day-to-day basis, and interns have a big impact on what we do. We’ve had interns commit code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
We are looking for a Software Development Intern to join our Gateway team, who are responsible for the gateway layer of Demonware's architecture. In this role you would work on the gateway, which leads client authentication, encryption and request routing to all backend services, and runs millions of concurrent connections daily.
Our technology is always evolving to support more users, be more efficient and make life easier for other Demonware engineers who build services and game features. You would be helping to evolve it for the future.
- Develop, maintain and evolve the gateway technology (written in Erlang) and its client-side connection management layer (in C++) according to Demonware’s standards of reliability and quality
- Collaborate closely with other teams on feature implementation, ensuring their requirements are met in a timely appropriate manner
- Ensure all components are highly scalable and maintainable
- Partner with other engineers to solve problems with online and multiplayer features, and provide an excellent customer experience
- Experience with:
- One or more core languages such as C++, C#, Golang, Java, Rust, Haskell, etc.
- Distributed systems
- Networking / networking protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP)
- API gateways / client-server models
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing effect interactions with internal/external teams
- Previous experience crafting APIs for use by other developers. Can understand and explain what makes a well-designed API
- Ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions
Nice to have:
- Experience with:
- Erlang or Elixir
- Game development or game engines
- Building backend services, including skills in:
- Python or a similar language
- Linux & open-source technologies
- Database design, including MySQL and NoSQL databases
- Handling large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
How to Apply
As part of the application process, you will need to complete an online coding challenge.
Once you have completed the challenge, our hiring teams will review your results and your application documents.
Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. Please allow a full 130 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge.
Demonware Internship Challenge 2022: https://app.codility.com/public-link/Demonware-Internship-2022/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.