Software Development Intern, AI@Unity
14 days ago
The Game Simulation team is a new product team focused on enabling game developers to create bots that can play their games with varying proficiencies including behaviors that are simple, human-like, and super-human. These bots will be leveraged as part of our broader mission to enable game developers to continuously evaluate and test their games at scale by leveraging millions of cloud simulations of their game. Games are some of the most complex pieces of software and require extensive manual work to test, whether it’s tracking down bugs or balancing the difficulty progression and in-game economy.
This is an opportunity to be a member of an innovative AI product team that will define a new standard for the development lifecycle of Unity customers. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with game developers to prototype and enhance product offerings and help them along with integrations.
We’re looking for people who are entrepreneurial, adaptable and enjoy challenging the status quo. This internship
- Design and build Unity Editor and runtime packages used by developers and designers during the development process for multiple types of games
- Support package and service integrations with other Unity products such as ML-Agents and Game Simulation
- Write clean, maintainable production based code and review application and test code
- Document and test your code and related systems used by game developers on a daily basis
- Must have expertise in extending Unity Editor and C#
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Expertise in working with large codebases and interfacing with complex systems
- Experience in API design and integrating the backend API’s
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Graduating from a Canadian Post-Secondary institution in late 2021-2022
- Experience building and shipping a game using Unity
- Expertise with package managers, such as npm or Nuget
- Experience with AI, and especially managing possible input actions into state machine, reinforcement learning or imitation learning logic
- Experience with machine learning inference engines (e.g. Apple Core ML)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.