This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer in Test
6 months ago
A position for a Software Development Engineer in Test is now open for a meticulously talented developer with a passion for quality assurance. You will interface with the Unity development team as well as customers to ensure functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a tool and runtime platform. You have probably worked on engine level tech on mobile or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, maintainable, and well-tested code.
Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest-growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices including Oculus, Vive, Magic Leap, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology.
- Work closely with our developers to advise and contribute to our automated test suite
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our automation frameworks
- Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
- Help define and participate in manual and scenario testing efforts to find issues with functionality and customer experience
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Interact and communicate with external partners and be able to react to changing priorities
- Experience as a dedicated SDET and a proven record of shipping large, complex software projects
- Experience and interest in Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Extensive experience with C# programming language
- Experience developing automated test frameworks and automated tests
- Experience working with mobile, desktop, or console platforms
- Prior experience using Unity
- Self-motivated and constantly looking to improve
- Obsessed with customer experience and product quality
- Driven and comfortable in representing the customer experience to stakeholders
- Comfortable working and communicating as an embedded QA team
- Passion for technology
- Must be a critical thinker, have a keen eye for quality from an analytical perspective
- Must have a “make it happen” approach and be able to work in a fast-moving environment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.