Software Development Engineer in Test
4 months ago
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take 2 Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and we’re launching a new office in Vancouver while creating a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels. We're creating this from the ground up to support our studios. Our team is small and agile – we deploy to production constantly. We user test every week and focus on automation. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer UI, SDKs, and GraphQL interfaces for our services. We focus on working software over Powerpoint.
- Work with core engineering team, and establish core test strategies, test plans and test cases. Integrate testing suites into engineering team’s CI/CD pipeline.
- Design and implement technical solutions to increase testing productivity and test coverage, being accountable for the goal of reducing the overall cost of quality.
- Design and build the test automation tools for Desktop client applications and back-end services.
- Define quality and risk metrics for communicating the quality of the product.
- Collaborate with SRE and Engineering team to diagnose live issues and carry out root cause analysis and feedback into regression testing.
- Lead and mentor a team of SDETs, supporting their career and technical development.
- Create a culture obsessed with quality of gamer experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience, with proven track record designing and implementing large scale test automation systems for desktop applications and back-end services.
- Experience testing on multiple platforms: PC Windows / Mac / Linux.
- Knowledge of networked applications and distributed systems, knowing where they can break and know how to test for quality, performance and resilience.
- Bug tracking tools and define procedure to help track and log bugs and reporting the state of quality.
- Using automatic code review tools for static code analysis
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms like AWS and/or GCP.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Experience and comfortable in supporting a live service environment.
- Able to lead and work with a distributed team.
- BA / MS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.