Software Development Engineer in Test
9 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Fortnite Technology Team is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is passionate and motivated to contribute to making Fortnite one of the biggest games in the world!
If you are passionate about utilizing automation to improve quality, performance, test coverage, and developer efficiency then we’d love to talk with you!
In this role, you will
- Grow automation support for key Fortnite game systems and features.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of Fortnite engineering and content creation teams to solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of Fortnite forward.
- Work closely with stakeholders of all disciplines to understand the needs of the project.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing tests, framework, and efficiency.
- Extend or design automation frameworks and tools as necessary.
- Work with software engineers on the Fortnite and Unreal Engine teams to ensure features are written as testable units.
- Collaborate with QA to develop automation processes that are robust, reliable, and easy to use.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior and mid-level SDET engineers
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience in C/C++, C# and Python.
- Experience developing automation/performance tools.
- Deep knowledge of how game engines work; Experience with either UE4/Unity or a custom internal game engine.
- Experience in leading and mentoring other developers.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems such as Jenkins or Team City.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the established solutions.
- Proficient communication skills at the individual and team level.
- Experience working with multiple platforms and ideally vendor-specific tooling.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.