This job might no longer be available.
Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), B&OP - Platform
1 year ago
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day.
The Game Services Group develops the software, services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When a player logs in, sends a friend request, a whisper, or a chat within one of our rich virtual worlds, Game Services powers these capabilities. When you use voice chat, check your profile statistics, or create a new social group, we are the team that makes those things possible. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2 to Diablo 3, World of Warcraft to Heroes, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, Game Services is ready to answer the call with effectiveness and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge all player engagement.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage a small team of engineers and own code quality of team deliverables
- Collaborate with Battle.net teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality
- Share insights, solutions and best practices within the team and across Blizzard
- 5+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, developer or similar role with focus on quality
- 4+ years software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Fluency in C# and/or C++
- Experience in team management and development of engineering talent
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools
- Proven ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Commitment to quality and sustainable software development
- Experience with game engine or backend development
- Experience working with large C# and/or C++ codebase
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions
- Experience working with high load Linux-based services
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with our business. We offer generous benefits and perks while providing a true life and work balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our team is everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. We are ever striving to improve ourselves, our product, and our customer's experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.