This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
6 months agoAbout The ProbablyMonsters™ Central Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Supporting multiple simultaneous AAA game projects with shared resources and benefits, our Central Team connects all studios by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences. Members of the Central team provide HR, Finance, IT, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Operations guidance so our development studios get the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
The Central Team is looking for a seasoned, world-class Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to empower our QA department. In this role, you will construct the tools necessary to efficiently test a diverse set of games at all stages of development, from concept through post-launch. It requires the ability to build a long-term vision for the tools while simultaneously being able to pivot to meet the immediate needs of our customers.
Who You Are:
What You Will Do:
- You are a champion for the quality of your products
- You can build, manage, and maintain a diverse set of tools
- You understand the unique challenges of testing video games
- You see the roadblocks presented to QA and relish overcoming them
- You pivot quickly to meet the immediate needs of the QA team
- Evaluate and integrate automated test frameworks
- Work in unison with QA to architect specific Test tools to enable QA to validate the quality of the games more effectively
- Develop expertise with back-end services to ensure testers focus testing on the highest-impact scenarios
- Collect/expose data about the test to help QA prioritize test suites
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least three years of experience as a Test Engineer building tools
- At least three years of experience in games as a Tester or Test Engineer with at least one full product cycle
- Experience with at least one of: Python, GitHub, CI/CD systems.