Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), World of Warcraft
13 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), World of Warcraft
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating technical solutions and new tools which will be used to enhance game development? In this role you will be coordinating across disciplines with quality assurance analysts, designers, engineers, and artists. This will require outstanding people skills, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated programming experience (in the personal, educational, or professional arena). Additionally, the ideal candidate will have knowledge of World of Warcraft and a longstanding passion for playing games, improving quality and the player experience.
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us. If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Covid-19 Hiring: We are currently working under a temporary work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but will later be assigned to work full-time at a physical location on-site.
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Analyze test and development workflows and collaborate with individuals and teams to maximize advantages of using newly developed and existing technology
- Complete software development tasks to deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality
- Contribute to team's planning efforts and share knowledge within the team and across Blizzard
- 4+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET or similar role with focus on quality
- 2+ years software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Fluency with C# or other Object Oriented languages
- Excellent communication and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
- Commitment to quality and sustainable software development
- Experience working with databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with game development, modding, add-on/plugin development and productivity automation
- Experience working within a large multi-lingual codebase
- Experience in developing tools
- Experience with multiple languages such as Python and Lua
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.