Software Development Engineer in Test, SDET (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
6 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Are you the sort of person that is comfortable analyzing a network protocol in Wireshark one moment, debugging a ReactNative application the next? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to extraordinary restaurants, museums and nightlife.
- Plan, write and execute automated and manual tests for web application
- Work with developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
- Maintain and enhance existing Python based automation framework
- Report, track and verify defects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 3 years or equivalent experience in advanced UI automation for web and mobile applications
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in client-side performance analysis for web and mobile application
- Supplied or maintainer of any open source projects
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.