Software Development Engineer in Test I
16 days ago
Software Development Engineer in Test 1
The Software Development Engineer in Test 1 (SDET1) ensures that only the highest quality products are provided to internal and external customers. This role will be responsible for extending existing test automation and tool development framework as well as manual testing to validate Pokémon digital products and internal services are of the highest quality. The SDET1 will partner with the development, DevOps and product teams to define, measure and advocate for quality at each step of the software development lifecycle.
What You Will Do
- Work with project team to create or contribute and develop automation requirements and test strategy throughout the development cycle.
- Develop and maintain automated test cases, execute test suites, review and diagnose reported bugs, and ensure overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Manage feature heath by identifying automation failures, filing bugs, participating in triage by prioritizing critical and major cases and working with multi-discipline teams to resolve and close bugs.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize automation requirements, test coverage, identify risk, and communicate recommendations and updates throughout product development.
- Responsible for developer and test code reviews throughout project life cycle.
What You Will Bring
- Software testing experience consisting of some scripting and tool automation.
- Experience with test planning, estimation, and ability to break down areas into testable components.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment.
- Experience with bug tracking software and software version control system (e.g. Bitbucket).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency.
- Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.