This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
San Diego, CA
11 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Contract
San Diego, CA
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Are you the sort of person that is comfortable analyzing a network protocol in Wireshark one moment, debugging a React Native application the next? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in beautiful San Diego in a beautiful building offering daily cafe, sushi bar, gym, basketball court, car washes and more.
- Set up test frameworks and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Author common API’s and libraries for test automation
- Work with QA teams to create, maintain, and improve automated test suites for applications on the PlayStation console
- Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
- Collaborate with distributed teams for automation design and development
- Work with the infrastructure team to create and maintain common services such as CI pipelines
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least 2 years or equivalent experience in advanced UI automation for web or native applications - or one year of experience in web development
- Proven experience designing and creating automation frameworks and test suites
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Experience developing or testing a non-PC device (phone/game console/set-top box, etc.)
- Significant experience with both Node.js and Python
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with React Native
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for robust code
- Be passionate about the success and moving on in the career with a clear goal and vision.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.