This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer in Test, Contract (SDET)
1 year ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test, Contract (SDET)
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to outstanding restaurants, museums and nightlife.
- Create test plan, test cases and execute them to ensure the quality of new features.
- Automate tests for applications on the PlayStation console
- Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage.
- Maintain and improve existing Python based automation framework
- Report, track and verify defects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 3 years of experience in building and executing test plans and test cases.
- 3 years or equivalent experience in advanced UI automation for web/mobile applications
- Shown experience writing automated tests in Python
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building test frameworks
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console or set-top box
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.