Software Development Engineer in Test, Amazon Games Publishing
5 days ago
How can you disrupt the video games industry? Come join us to invent new ways to inspire game developers and delight gamers. Using Amazon's unique assets, we will change the gaming landscape!
Our team is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to help us build test automation for current and future products developed across multiple engineering teams, including a client-side application and retail web pages. The products under test often require bespoke solutions – you must be comfortable with solving ambiguous problems, building frameworks from the ground up, and determining the best approach/technologies to use based on a set of requirements. You will work closely with Quality Assurance Engineers to understand the test automation needs of the team and build the necessary infrastructure as well as advise on any technical limitations or risks to implementation. You will also work closely with engineering to understand the technical implementation.
You are able to lead the automation effort and drive to test automation solutions that meet the given requirements with limited guidance, converting requirements into good design and then maintainable, efficient implementation. You are comfortable learning new technologies and starting from scratch - figuring out the best way to test new products with no existing frameworks already in place. You are able to collaborate effectively with other Software Development Engineers in Test as well as Quality Assurance Engineers and Software Development Engineers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent knowledge via self-study or work experience of 3+ years)
· 3+ years SDET experience
· Proficiency in STLC, test methodologies, and problem solving
· Proficiency in 1+ modern programming languages (Java, C#, C++)
· Experience designing and implementing automation frameworks
· Familiarity with Windows environment
· Experience with UI automation
· Experience with testing client-side applications
· Experience with testing web applications
· Experience with testing mobile applications
· Experience with testing back end services
· Experience integrating automation with TestRail
· Familiarity with AWS products
· Familiarity with MacOS environment
· Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us