Software Development Engineer
9 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
As a member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to design, build and evolve the interactive experiences that are the foundation that connect millions of users to the thousands of active communities on Twitch. You will have the opportunity to contribute to product design as well as solve complex technical problems at scale that directly impact millions of users and creators who use Twitch daily. You will be involved across multiple product and features teams across Twitch to create new interactive experiences in addition to evolving core products such as Chat, Bits, Community Points, Subscription Gifting, Leaderboards and Polls. Your contribution on our team will ensure existing creators and communities on Twitch continue to grow as well as encourage new viewers and creators to join and support their own communities.
- Work with engineering managers, product managers, technical leads and other engineers to design, develop, and deliver interactive experiences that positively impact our broadcasters
- Collaborate within and outside of the team to clarify product requirements and align on technical vision and execution
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the solutions and services that power interactive experiences on Twitch
- Leverage your personal experience and knowledge to uplevel our team’s technical and operational excellence.
- Contribute to building our team by mentoring other engineers at Twitch
- Build high quality code, accept feedback on your code and provide feedback to others.
- Proficiency in designing data structures, building algorithms, data modeling and schema design
- Proficient Front End and Back End coding skills in modern languages and frameworks such as: Golang, React.js, Angular, and Ruby.
- 1-2 Years experience developing software in a professional environment
- Excellent ability to communicate and influence others with your verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior success at building high impact interactive experiences at scale in the gaming, social media or entertainment industries
- Familiar with building software and services using AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Elasticache, Lambda, Step Functions and EC2
- Familiarity with Twitch communities, gaming and/or streaming your own content on Twitch
- You have an awesome dog and enjoy bringing your dog to the office to visit your co-workers regularly
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.