Software Development Engineer, Backend Development - Mobile Gaming Strike Team
San Francisco, CA
8 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch’s Mobile Games team builds features and products for mobile first users in emerging markets.
On this team, you’ll be part of a passionate and customer-obsessed cross functional team working to improve the Twitch experience for users in emerging markets, worldwide. The team is looking to improve both the broadcasting and viewer side for mobile first users as well as drive growth creating new delightful experiences for these users in emerging markets.
As a backend / full stack engineer on our team you will have the opportunity to build scalable services that power these new experiences and work with other Twitch teams to enhance existing services to better serve mobile first users in emerging markets.
As the leader in live-streaming, Twitch is home to unique opportunities and challenges in the mobile space. If you’re excited about joining our team and having an outsize impact on Twitch and its users, come work with us!
- Develop and deploy new product features in our micro service layer
- Become familiar with the existing Twitch backend technology stack
- You’ll identify and uphold backend engineering best practices
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams to provide value to our creators
- Understand dynamic and challenging requirements for viewers and creators in emerging Twitch markets
- 3+ years of software development experience building backend services
- 1+ years of experience building full-stack web or mobile applications (iOS / Android)
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Python, Ruby, C, C++, Java, Kotlin , Scala
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud platform services
- Sound technical judgment and a bias for action
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Database experience: Dynamo or Postgres preferred
- Experience building AWS services using Go
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.