Software Development Engineer
14 days ago
We seek talented, passionate game developers to join our team and become the architects of our vision for ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. We are looking for natural problem solvers with a passion for gaming, who enjoy working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and is a constant advocate for game quality.
Your responsibilities will include:
· You will work with other engineers and content creators to develop new engine tools and technology to power games.
· You will own and architect engine level systems which scale for large data sets.
· You will empower content creators through rapid iteration and creation of tools used in the creation and iteration of large, persistent worlds.
· You will assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. Come work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles including Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Evolve, Gears of War, Killer Instinct, God of War.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
· 3+ years experience writing code in C++.
· 1+ released game on which you were a primary contributor.
· Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
· Experience with engine level systems (rendering, audio, streaming, physics, etc)
· Experience in development of large scale content creation tools
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
· Strong 3D math skills
· Strong optimization and low level programming expertise
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.