This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer and Test
San Francisco, CA
7 months ago
Who We Are
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take-Two Direct to Consumer
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and we’re launching a new office in Vancouver while creating a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels. We're creating this from the ground up to support our studios. Our team is small and agile – we deploy to production constantly. We user test every week and focus on automation. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer UI, SDKs, and GraphQL interfaces for our services. We focus on working software over PowerPoint.
- Work with core engineering team, and establish core test strategies, test plans and test cases. Integrate testing suites into engineering team’s CI/CD pipeline.
- Design and implement technical solutions to increase testing productivity and test coverage, being accountable for the goal of reducing the overall cost of quality.
- Design and build the test automation tools for Desktop client applications and back-end services.
- Define quality and risk metrics for communicating the quality of the product.
- Collaborate with SRE and Engineering team to diagnose live issues and carry out root cause analysis and feedback into regression testing.
- Lead and mentor a team of SDETs, supporting their career and technical development.
- Create a culture obsessed with quality of gamer experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience, with proven track record designing and implementing large scale test automation systems for desktop applications and back-end services.
- Strong experience with working on testing on multiple platforms: PC WIN / Mac / Linux.
- Strong experience in networked applications and distributed systems, knowing where they can break and know how to test for quality, performance and resilience.
- Strong experience using bug tracking tools and define procedure to help track and log bugs and reporting the state of quality.
- Strong experience using automatic code review tools for static code analysis
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms like AWS and/or GCP.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
- Experience and comfortable in supporting a live service environment.
- Able to lead and work with a distributed team.
- BA / MS degree in computer science or a related field.