Software Development Engineer Test II
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a member of our engineering team here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, you will be working alongside experienced staff on building new features for the PlayStation Account & Customer Management tool! Everyone here challenged with improving the customer service applications that our agents use throughout the world. PlayStation has users in 60+ countries. To continuously provide high quality customer service, we work with our partners and platform engineering groups around the globe. This requires tight-knit collaboration with our San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Tokyo sister offices to bring our collective value to the PlayStation Network. Our applications incorporate the latest technologies, from the user interface to the Java backend to Serverless.
The right candidate will be able to navigate through the entire stack to ensure we hit our objectives, commitments, and quality goals. You’ll get amazing opportunities to solve exciting challenges, explore new technologies and help PlayStation retain its appeal to all our beloved customers. It will be a great opportunity to experience first-hand building innovative software at scale.
- Support applications tested in a Java / Saucelab / Rest APIs and selenium-based automation framework by creating, maintaining, and improving automated test suites for applications and solving problems with test code, test environment, and infrastructure issues.
- Solving challenge of working across locations to help offshore team of automation engineers.
- Collaboration with application engineers and other partners to ensure application stability, reliability, and accuracy are maintained.
- Loves all aspects of quality engineering of internal and customer-facing applications using manual and scripted testing techniques using test management, bug tracking, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, etc.; utilizing tools such as JIRA and Github.
- Closely work with other QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to resolve problems and move forward.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, or comparable experience
- 5+ years of experience testing and/or development of modern software applications or services.
- Demonstrated ability and shown experience authoring common APIs and libraries for test automation in Selenium and Java is required.
- Shown experience of writing and maintaining rest API automation.
- Very good understanding of Java / Object Oriented Ontology concepts like Inheritance, Interfaces and Collections.
- CICD exposure using Jenkins or similar tools along with knowledge of AWS services and cloud native application development.
- Develop and own test plans, test cases, and analyze test coverage for projects and experience testing User Interfaces.
- Show ownership of both automated and manual test suites.
- Background in software development, QA, system integration, manual and automated testing, frameworks, and associated interpersonal processes using tools like JIRA, Confluence and test case management
- Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and owning comprehensive test suites.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- A strong sense of ownership for the end product and your work
- Passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Love voicing new insights and challenging others
- Ready to have fun working with a high energy team
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.