Software Development Engineer, Student Worker
Vilnius, Vilnius County, Lithuania
20 days ago
We are seeking for a Student Software Developer to join our highly skilled and motivated Physics for Robotics team. The team is responsible for building and maintaining Unity’s physics engine system based on nVidia PhysX, used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day.
You will work on creating, adapting and refining the physics engine with the related tools for robotics simulations as well as for games. This is an integral role as Physics solutions are available and usable from the beginner to advanced Unity user!
- You would have an opportunity to take a part in developing and maintaining physics engine functionality and APIs both for games and robotics
- Design and develop UI and tools for physics simulation workflows
- Be a champion for the user: insist on the highest quality, and create functional and engaging features and API that empower customers to create with ease the greatest experience in robotics simulations and games.
- You must be currently studying in a recognised University
- Experience with C++/C#
- University level understanding of classical mechanics/physics/math
- Be able to work independently by quickly adapting to new technologies and tasks
- Good communication skills and performance-minded development
- Experience with robotics simulations
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or any other 3D game engines
- Experience with PhysX/MujoCO or other physics engines
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.