Software Development Engineer - Prime Gaming
12 days ago
Amazon is all in on games, and Prime Gaming is one of many of disruptive initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. With Prime Gaming, Amazon Prime members enjoy tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite PC, console, and mobile games. Plus, they can claim a collection of PC games for free every month that are theirs to keep forever, and get a monthly Twitch channel subscription. Prime Gaming’s selection of in-game content and free PC games is always growing and rotating to stay fresh, with new items and free games added every week! To learn more, visit gaming.amazon.com.
Prime Gaming’s Developer Experience team is seeking a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to build our next generation systems and support its partnering Game Developer integrations. As an SDE on Developer Experience, you will work closely with the Products team and lead SDEs to build and launch products that simplify integrations, scale their operations, and improve their stability. Your systems will help make it easier for game developers to use Prime Gaming and will ultimately help deliver more content to Prime Gaming customers.
Our mission is to be world's best video game subscription program - are you up for it?
The right candidate will:
· Design simple interface to solve complex enterprise facing problems
· Build scalable, reliable, and maintainable b2b services
· Seek out optimizations and automation opportunities
· Executes projects from scoping requirements through launch
· Support team members with mentorship and guidance
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
· 2+ years of industry software development experience designing and developing software with least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C# or C++.
· 4+ years of software development experience.
· A proven track record in architecting and shipping innovative and highly-scalable cloud systems in an agile environment.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including system design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Knowledge of Java and professional experience using it.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· A proven track record of making good technical judgement.
· Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us