This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer - MacOS
4 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment starting with Twitch Studio. This exciting new product has the potential to change not only Twitch but the streaming industry. The team is expanding to keep up with the demands of our broadcasters, and we’re looking for a Mac engineer with a background in creating desktop applications for macOS to help bring this delightful experience to our broadcasters.
As a Mac Engineer, you will develop the products that our broadcasters use every day to stream. Our job is to ensure that every broadcaster on Twitch has a great experience. You will create exciting products both for Twitch Studio and for other 3rd party streaming software.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
- Work with Twitch Desktop Teams and others to build high-quality Twitch products and broadcaster experiences for our Mac users
- Become familiar with the existing Twitch browser-client technology stack
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building Twitch’s browser-based clients
- You’ll identify and uphold Mac engineering best practices
- Work backwards from the customer needs to create working designs
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional experience working on macOS client applications with Objective-C
- 3+ years professional experience working in C++
- Expertise and domain knowledge working with macOS native APIs
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for desktop platforms
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave , Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ), Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status