Software Development Engineer II
13 days ago
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Our headquarters is where the gaming culture and Southern California lifestyle meet, creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. Daybreak San Diego is the home of Darkpaw Games, creators of the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II games. This is also the home of Rogue Planet Games, developer of the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2.
Find out more about our studio at www.daybreakgames.com.
SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $119,900, pay may vary by location.
The Software Development Engineer II is responsible for helping to create and improve the technology for Magic: The Gathering Online, this position will be reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, this position will be responsible for:
Day to Day Responsibilities
· Designs and implements solutions for Magic: The Gathering Online in alignment with architectural designs and program needs
· Investigates, analyzes, and responds to issues as they arise in a live service
· Performs literate programming, using adequate commenting and documentation tools to deliver readable and maintainable code
· Adopts industry standard and team-specific coding practices
· Communicates trade-offs, risks, and alternate solutions for proposed features and functionality
· Seeks out opportunities to improve the development process and suggests solutions
· Contributes to continuous improvement through code reviews, collaboration on technical designs, documentation, and test coverage
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
· 7 years of experience creating and shipping software
· 5 years working with C#/.NET
· SQL Server or other experience with production relational databases is highly preferred
· Experience working with and improving large, legacy systems
· Ability to quickly learn and master new skills
· Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
· Ability to quickly become familiar with large code bases with little direction
· Strong remote communication skills
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience! Find out more about our company at www.daybreakgames.com.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants for social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.