Software Development Engineer II - Creator Growth (Contract)
29 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It is where thousands of communities come together for whatever, every day.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, and discover the projects we’re solving on our Blog. Be sure to explore our Interviewing Guide and Instagram channel to learn how to ace our interview process.
About the Role:
The Creator Growth team builds new products and features that help our creators grow their content quality and community on Twitch. We’re looking for a full stack engineer, who as a contractor will work end-to-end to build and improve features that empower our creators on Twitch.
As an engineer on our team, you will build and enhance experiences our creators use on the Creator Dashboard (dashboard.twitch.tv). Our job is to ensure that every broadcaster on Twitch has a great experience and support them as they grow the quality of their content and channel audience.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
- Develop and deliver new product services and features on native AWS infrastructure
- Define and build APIs to support a wide variety of use cases which benefit creators
- Use cutting-edge web technologies to create rich user interfaces and experiences
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Work across stakeholders, teams and organizations to bring value to our creators
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or prior relevant engineering experiences
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, data modeling and schema design
- Experience working with frontend technologies such as React.js
- 3+ years as an software engineer
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Proficient experience level in one or more of the following language: Go, Java, C++, TypeScript
- A growth mindset and you value collaboration with teammates
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with live streaming tools on Twitch or other platforms
Location(s): San Francisco, CA
Contract Length: 6-9 months (per length of service policy)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $85.00/hour in our lowest geographic market up to $110.00/hour in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.