Software Development Engineer I
San Francisco, CA
14 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch’s business model, and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. On the Advertising team you’ll work with a passionate and customer obsessed team. We are a growing team of product and engineering professionals based in the Twitch HQ at downtown SF.
Twitch is looking for backend and full stack engineers with the curiosity, drive, and creativity to develop user experiences, services, and APIs that support the advertising and promotion business. As the leader in this space, Twitch has the unique opportunity to invent what advertising as a product means in a live-streaming context. Our products include creative real-time experiences specific to Twitch. If you’re excited about having a significant impact in an area that’s ripe for innovation, come work with us!
- Develop new product services on native AWS infrastructure
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch advertising platform
- Improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
- Proficient coder in one the following: Go, Java, Python or similar languages
- Experience developing web applications or their backend APIs
- 1+ year industry experience
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, and CloudWatch)
- Experience building GraphQL APIs
- Experience deploying Docker or Kubernetes style systems in production
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.