Senior Android Engineer
1 year ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch's Mobile Games team builds features and products for mobile first users. Android and iOS represent a fast-growing share of Twitch viewership. As Senior Android Engineer at Twitch, will drive key initiatives and build features for mobile only users playing co-op with teams across the company. You will report to the Engineering Manager for Mobile Gaming.
- Build, deliver and measure high impact experiences for our mobile only Android users
- Collaborate and play co-op with fellow backend, frontend, and mobile engineers
- Improve engineering processes, frameworks and tools to increase team & developer effectiveness
- You'll identify and uphold engineering best practices
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years building mobile applications on Android
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Proficiency with Kotlin, Java development ecosystems
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs, CI / CD, or AWS
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.