Senior Software Development Consultant, Multiplayer Online Services
25 days ago
Unity's Professional Services team is looking for a friendly Software Development Consultant who wants to share their experience and expertise with our customers, who will assist customers to build and improve multiplayer experiences in the Unity Engine. By collaborating with Unity’s Netcode and Professional Services teams, you’ll be ensuring that your team is able to offer assistance and advice to anyone wanting to build online games and products with the Unity Engine. The role will be focused on enabling customers to build and support online social experiences in Unity.
As a member of a growing team, you’ll contribute to the operating processes and culture of that team. Your team will be part of the broader Professional Services organization and will be oriented towards collaborating with customers on their projects, ensuring that your customers are successful.
- Assist Unity customers with online service implementation and issues
- Provide advice on best practices for multiplayer features and performance
- Collaborate with Unity’s Netcode team to bring real-world experience, customer feedback, and innovative solutions back to the Unity Engine
- Support and mentor colleagues and facilitate knowledge sharing with a growing team
- You have experience implementing client side online features in Unity, Unreal, or other proprietary software using C# and/or C++
- You have experience working with server apis and data persistence
- You are familiar with profiling tools and performance analysis
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and are able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge
- You can travel up to 25% of the time
- You have technical writing experience
- You have experience with networked gameplay and/or network security
- You have shipped one or more multiplayer games on mobile devices or gaming consoles
- You have worked on accessibility features like text-to-speech
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.