Software Development Consultant, DOTS
4 days ago
Unity's Consulting & Development team is looking for developers that want to acquire cutting-edge expertise in high-performance Data-Oriented Design technologies and tools in order to help our customers develop rich, complex simulation code whilst meeting their performance targets. Our customer base spans a wide range of exciting fields, such as video games, entertainment, manufacturing, automotive and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused and are not afraid of constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include collaborating with R&D teams across Unity who are working on the Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS) in order to support customer projects which make use of the DOTS technologies, including Native Containers , the C# Job System , the Burst compiler , the Entity Component System (ECS) , and the DOTS Hybrid Renderer . You’ll visit our customers and, by collaborating directly with their technical leaders, help them optimize their projects and workflows and educate them on best practices.
Your role will be based on the following three pillars:
- Helping customers improve their products so that they become the best they can be
- Advocate for our customers inside Unity in order to help steer our product in the right direction
- Keeping up to date on Data-Oriented Design, DOTS technologies and tools and sharing your knowledge both inside and outside of Unity, including occasional participation in delivering internal DOTS training sessions
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical expert on high-performance technologies and best practices within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including self-directed research initiatives, speaking at conferences, writing blog posts and guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback and advice to our R&D teams.
This role is based in our offices in Copenhagen, Denmark, where you’ll be embedded within the DOTS core team. It will also involve periodic travel to customer and Unity offices, primarily within Europe. Travel is usually conducted during weekdays and won’t exceed 50% of the time.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Become an expert on Unity’s high-performance Data-Oriented Technology Stack and address the most challenging issues in this area across all customer engagements
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Keep up to date with the DOTS API and establish a set of Best Practices through examining customer projects and developing sample code
- Provide internal and external technical presentations and training to nurture user expertise on DOTS and related technologies
- Join your Consulting & Development colleagues in both short and long-term engagements, providing assistance in matters relating to DOTS
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Strong motivation to build expertise in Data-Oriented Design and high-performance multithreaded programming technologies
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions, and familiarity with the performance characteristics of various platforms (e.g., mobile devices, consoles, desktop PCs, and VR systems)
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- An understanding of various real-time engines subsystems such as networking,physics and animation
- Experience with Data-Oriented design techniques, including an understanding of CPU architectures and low-level optimisation techniques
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.