This job might no longer be available.
Software Developer in Test, Intern
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
13 days ago
Are you a software engineering or computing science student who is passionate about modern technology and you are driven by your energy to identify and resolve complex problems by providing an execution environment for the automation test scripts? As a Software Developer in Test (SDIT) Intern you'll join at our Port-Coquitlam office a dynamic and collaborative group, the Create Solutions & Studio.
At Unity, the Quality Assurance team’s mission is to create quality solutions by validating a wide array of projects in various fields, such as entertainment, games, education, retail and industrial uses of applications. Our emerging technologies create transformational results for clients around the globe. Our expertise in AR/VR, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, blockchain, and IoT systems enables companies to create value within their businesses. We ensure that our clients remain relevant and competitive in a rapidly evolving market.
Are you ready to learn and practice how to design and develop tests with us at Unity? Come join us!
- Design and develop automated software to test applications on a number of platforms
- Analyze requirements to generate test scenarios, scripts and overall test architecture
- Collaborate with your team to define test scope and strategy
- Use test frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, JMeter, Cucumber, Mocha, Jest, Unit, Unity Test Runner, Unium to provide an execution environment for the automation test scripts
- Define quality and risk metrics for communicating the quality of product
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, internal clients, as well as customers, prospects and vendors
- Design and implement technical solutions to increase testing productivity and test coverage
- Registered to a Canadian university
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Knowledge of coding standards, source control, build management, issue tracking and testing methodologies
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Git
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as development fundamentals
- Familiarity with CI/CD, API testing, backend validation, cloud, stress & load testing
- Familiarity with TestRail, Postman, Swagger
- Familiarity using Unity
- Prior similar experience from other internships
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.