This job might no longer be available.
Editor Software Developer, Research Labs
7 months ago
You are a Unity developer with a passion for creating great user experiences. You love being a part of the game industry and get joy from enabling creators to make amazing and innovative content. In this role you will use your game developer expertise from different game productions to define how game system- and economy design are connected with the live game in the future of game design and development. You will be joining the Research Labs team composed of talented folks in search of new cutting-edge methods to author content and help storytellers.
You will be asked to come up with novel ways of connecting game design and development in a way that enables game designers to control the economy design all the way from the idea to actual implementation and live game. Your contribution ensures that our users are able to collect the right data from their game and feed that information back into the game's design by utilizing latest machine-learning technologies. In the end, we want our customers to create better experiences for their players.
- Bring the Game Design Tool to Unity Editor as an extension enabling smooth user experience for both game designers and developers
- Develop the integration between the game system model and game code
- Improve the architecture of existing systems and design and implement features to be used by other developers
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team to build rapid prototypes supporting research but also ensure high-quality delivery of the end product
- Define the work required to bring prototypes and research up to full production
- Strong Unity Editor experience, familiarity with Unity Editor GUI development (IMGUI or UIElements)
- Fluent in C#
- Experience in building tools for game production team
- Good coding skills and engineering practices, familiar with agile software process and data-driven development
- You will be required to drive your projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction.
- Experience creating one or more plugins for Unity and have published them through the Asset Store
- Have built custom tools within Unity for use by a game dev team during production
- Passion for gaming, game design or products within the gaming space.
- Passion for future technologies
- A positive, can-do attitude that can be spread across our organization
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.