This job might no longer be available.
Software Developer (Performance Capture Studio)
Toronto ON ca
4 months ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
Be a Software Developer in the Performance Capture department
Our large team of experts bring your story to life. The 8,000 square foot studio is outfitted with 80 Vicon T-160 cameras to capture subtle performances with extreme accuracy, perfect for everything from a solo performance to large multi-character scenes.
Our studio is also a professional sound stage ready to record high-fidelity audio, virtually eliminating the need for ADR. The Ubisoft Toronto Performance Capture Studio delivers the ultimate in immersive entertainment experiences.
Working within the performance capture department, the incumbent will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of the software that will help improve the efficiency of the production team.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time
- .NET (C#/WPF)
The main and routine tasks of the Software Developer at Performance Capture department:
- Work in a dynamic team which cooperates with other Ubisoft studios;
- Develop software that supports the Performance Capture production workflow, performs the data processing, automation and third-party hardware & software integration;
- Design and develop desired solution, analyse existing products and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the service, suggest improvements;
- Create clean and structured code that is consistent with the performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements of the Performance Capture systems;
- Contribute to the software quality with a wide range of the automated test technics;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable the Performance Capture team to understand how to use new systems and functions;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- 5+ years’ of professional experience in software development;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Git;
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Knowledge of Agile approach (Scrum, Kanban) would be an asset;
- Knowledge of computer networks would be an asset.
- An interest in front-end interface and back-end server logic development;
- Ability to understand and account for user needs, taking them into account when delivering the software solution;
- A pragmatic approach and sense of problem solving when trying to achieve development goals;
- Focus on producing quality work;
- Sense of initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- Analytical ability and capacity for synthesizing;
- Flexibility in work organization;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts who know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.