This job might no longer be available.
Software Developer - Mobile Graphics
7 months ago
Every person at Unity is enabled to work on exciting and challenging projects. After all, democratizing game development is no easy feat, but it is fun - and overall, incredibly rewarding. Our teams around the world focus on a common question: how do we continuously improve the tools and technology for our community of customers?
We work with developers, artists, and entrepreneurs worldwide to bring a visually-stunning, easily-deployable, and powerful development platform to its users.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Graphics Engineer to join the Unity Mobile game engine R&D team. You will be working on the most widely used games engine available and helping to extend the foundation for high fidelity mobile graphics which will be deployed to billions of devices around the world.
You have worked on high-performance graphics rendering and engine level tech on mobile or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. If you are also looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
- Design and implement high-quality software products and services for games used by hundreds of millions of players every day
- Develop and optimize graphics features on mobile devices, extend integration of platform-specific APIs
- Collaborate in architectural decisions
- Interface with multiple internal teams to ensure all company and product needs are met within the timelines and budgets outlined
- Professional mobile graphics software development experience (native Android or iOS), as well as k nowledge of mobile CPU and GPU architectures
- Proficiency with at least one of Metal, Vulkan and OpenGL ES graphics APIs
- Strong skills working with low-level C++, C or Objective C code
- Cross-platform development experience and experience with platform-specific graphics debugging and profiling tools
- Performance-minded development, code profiling and optimization skills
- Experience using the Unity engine and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience with shader authoring and optimization
- Native game consoles development experience (XBox/XBox One, PS3/PS4, Wii U, etc.)
- Native embedded systems development
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to travel to visit partners or other Unity offices
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.