This job might no longer be available.
Software Developer Engineer 1
16 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a software engineer on the Notifications team, you'll work as part of a team of talented engineers to build the system that connects our creators with hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers both on-site and off-site through email, mobile push, and browser notifications channels. We're looking for interest and experience in server-side programming (web architecture, SOA, database architecture) and passion for building clean, scalable, and well-tested systems using Golang and AWS. You will report to the Engineering Manager for Notifications.
Twitch is uniquely positioned to dictate the future of multiplayer entertainment. If this future excites you, come join us!
- Design, deliver, and improve performant, reliable, and high-performance systems
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Actively participate in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish complex projects together
- Willingness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience as a Software Engineer
- A foundation in data structures and algorithms. Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, API design, data modeling, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with email / notifications technologies
- Experience writing Go in production systems
- You are a Twitch user yourself
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.