Software Developer, Digital Twin
15 days ago
Unity’s Calgary and Vancouver studios continue to build our team, with the goal to extend Unity’s success within the architecture, engineering, construction, and operations (AECO) industry. This extension brings live operational data into our Unity Reflect Platform and line of products. You will be working in a multi-functional team of talented individuals and will be communicating with developers in other teams around the world.
You’re a skilled C# and Unity software developer with knowledge of use cases and technologies used in AECO and/or other industries. You have used and interacted with complex systems. You’re passionate and resourceful, and intuitively work to turn complex requirements into simple, elegant solutions. And did we mention that you love real-time graphics? This team is creating the next step for driving industry growth and adoption in Unity, and we hope you're as excited about it as we are!
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop new applications, API’s and implement protocols
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Collaborate with the team lead and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions based on the Unity Reflect Platform
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Design, develop, and test in accordance with established standards and agile software development methodologies
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency developing in Unity and C#
- A passion for creating usable, polished, and enjoyable user experience
- Problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution and grit to overcome development challenges
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle with the ability to discuss and understand code design fluently and in-depth
- Team player capable of working constructively as part of a team of diverse skill sets and backgrounds
You might also have
- Experience with data modelling, handling, and visualization within an application
- Experience with real-time multithreaded software development
- Experience with cloud development
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.