This job might no longer be available.
Software Developer, Collaborate Workspace Tools
1 year ago
Creating games can be hard and complex, and as a result the editor workspace environment can be difficult to setup and manage - our team will change this. As a member of Unity’s Workspace Collaboration Team, you will partner with a small team of developers, product managers, and user experience experts to create the next-generation of in-editor workspace UIs and tools to empower Unity developers to easily collaborate with their teams.
You will bring your technical development and design skills to create a first-class workflow and collaboration experience for Unity developers. You’ll work to improve Unity’s version control integration system into our editor, ensuring that game development teams around the world can seamlessly and quickly iterate on their content to create stunning gaming and real-time content for users.
- Collaboratively design and implement quality workflows within and around the Unity editor
- Develop, maintain, and debug existing versions of Collaborate Workspace, while also iterating on the product with new tools, UI, and features.
- Refactoring and stabilizing the existing Collaborate Workspace codebase
- Professional experience as a software developer working on developer tools and applications
- Proficiency with C++
- Excellent investigative and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of OOP, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary team
- Passion for creating intuitive, efficient tool workflows to solve complex problems
- Experience with IDE/Content creation tools
- Experience using Unity
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.