Software Developer- CNCF
11 days ago
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Software Engineer that will shape the technology that powers creation. If you have experience with building services for user-generated content through modern techniques connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We strive to stay relevant and innovate in our development approaches as well as with our services. Many of our software engineers are “polyglots” and strive in multiple environments.
As a Software Engineer you will
- Develop responsive, resilient, massively scalable, and globally available services that support millions of players
- Creatively blend security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
- Embrace and commit to culturalizing vision and plans for SRE principles and Best Practices.
- Apply and improve service deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime
- Drive design and implementation of APIs and protocols that are consistent, formalized, and testable
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during development
- Author and review technical design documents and API specifications detailing software requirements
- Maintain a suite of automated tests that validate the correctness of backend services
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of job experience in a hands-on coding role
- You've shipped and supported scalable web services hosted in the cloud
- You own large systems and features from design to deployment, including live service support
- You have experience with various programming languages and frameworks (Java/Kotlin, C++, Typescript, Go)
- You develop high-quality, testable software
- You have a desire to work with client engineers and designers to iteratively add features and improve APIs
- You've deployed services using Kubernetes and containerization
- You’ve knowledge of platforms, architectures and the CNCF landscape with a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Kubernetes API and CRDs.
- You have experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You develop APIs for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools
- You have experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing the performance of web services
- You work on software that requires developing and optimizing queries and database access patterns
- You're willing to iterate quickly and develop multiple short-lived prototypes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy
- You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers
- You've worked in the games industry before
- You have contributed to CNCF projects or built open-source tooling
- You've shipped web services that scale to millions of daily users
- You have experience working in large data-driven services
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.