Software Developer - BioWare Quality Technology
12 days ago
At BioWare , our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
As an Software Developer the BioWare Quality Technology team , you will focus on driving the use of high-quality software delivery practices for the team. The Quality Technology team at BioWare is a small team that has a large impact on several games in development. You will be reporting to our Sr Manager Engineering.
You will use your understanding of industry standard software delivery practices, to help facilitate the team's transformation towards a quality first software engineering team. Also, we need someone that is happy to "jump in and learn" as our portfolio encompasses a broad range of technologies, including: full-stack web development, small made for purpose tools, big data solutions and working with AI.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
- Participate in all team design and architecture activities with an eye on how to ensure systems are testable.
- Helps implement team systems and architecture.
- Design and set up testing systems for the team to use in ensuring their software is of high-quality.
- Research software development quality practices, and guides educating the team on said practices.
- Track the value of software development quality practices adopted by the team, measuring its effectiveness.
- Perform destructive testing on team systems finding opportunities to enhance them through quality practices.
- Work with dev partners and help provide guidance and evidence for the impact of them taking on similar quality practices.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- 3+ years software industry technical experience working on quality verification tools, test automation and/or development process improvements.
- Understanding of high-quality software delivery practices such as: continuous integration, test automation, continuous delivery, loosely coupled architectures, and system health monitoring.
- Eager to understand the broad ecosystem of technologies used across multiple projects and platforms.
- The ability to understand and work within a broad ecosystem of different technologies from full-stack web development to native C++.
- The ability to debug complex processes spread over discrete systems.
- An understanding of how to prioritize your work and adapt as circumstances change to bring the most value to our partners.
- Work with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs – able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.