Software Asset Manager
2 days ago
Enable Unity to make strategic software decisions and join the IT Asset Management team! Unity's global IT Organization is looking for a Software Asset Manager to own a license portfolio and eliminate waste and increase efficiency by making the best use of existing software and avoiding purchases that are unnecessary, all while ensuring that Unity stays in sync with the terms of software license agreements.
To win in Unity, you’ll need to ensure that we derive the most value from every dollar we spend on software licensing. To do this you’ll work to understand and meet the business requirements driving the need for software and ensure that our teammates across the business get the tools they need, when they need them.
This role will be at the forefront of software selection decisions, where you’ll have the opportunity to learn how business units operate through an ecosystem of systems and processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate the software asset life cycle from tool selection, requisition orders, inventory, installation, reclamation, maintenance, audit response, to disposal.
- Collaborate with line of business owners, Finance, and Procurement teams to optimize software usage and licensing agreements by identifying potential consolidation and savings areas.
- Build automated processes to facilitate software procurement and deployment.
- Attain a deep insight of operational teams' business processes and goals, and relate business requirements to tool capabilities.
- Take an active role in achieving operational efficiency by working to rationalize our software portfolio to a core set of supported tools.
What we’re looking for
- Rock-solid ability to interpret, analyze, and summarize software licensing contracts, application usage trends, and evaluate pricing & licensing proposals.
- Developed skills in coordinating and running multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Phenomenal communicator adept at relationship building and with internal contacts and vendors.
- Problem-solver that encourages others in collaborative problem-solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem-solving without taking over.
You might also have
- ITIL, CSAM, CISA, and/or CISSP certifications
- Experience with the following tools: Productiv, Oomnitza, Okta, Workday, JIRA, Excel, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and Slack Polls.
- Continuous improvement and growth mindset
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.